Formed in Los Angeles, California, USA, in 1970, Morning comprised by Jim Hobson (keyboards, vocals), Jay Lewis (guitar, vocals), an ex-member of Love under the name Jay Donnellan, Barry Brown (guitar, drums), Jim Kehn (guitar, drums), Terry Johnson (guitar) and Bruce Wallace (bass). After the country rock album Morning, Johnson and Wallace left and in came bass player Stuart Brotman, lately of Kaleidoscope.
Morning was a band with a good combination going for them, good vocalist and musicians and that's a winner in any book. Nice solid sound in "Understand My Ways" and "Comin' In Love". They're at their best on Hoyt Axton's "Never Been To Spain" and the title track "Struck Like Silver". A noteworthy album.
However the group split up soon after its release, with Hobson joining Delaney Bramlett and Lewis enjoying a fruitful period with Albert Hammond.
1. I Ain't Gonna Leave (Barry Brown) - 3:31
2. In A Better Frame Of Mind (Jay Lewis) - 2:56
3. Only To Say Goodbye (Jay Lewis) - 3:13
4. For Free (Joni Mitchell) - 4:57
5. Struck Like Silver (Barry Brown) - 3:55
6. Understand My Ways (Barry Brown) - 3:42
7. Comin' In Love (Barry Brown) - 2:32
8. Jay's Movie Song (Jay Lewis) - 3:10
9. And Now I Lay Me Down (Jay Lewis) - 6:20
10.Never Been To Spain (Hoyt Axton) - 5:12
*Barry Brown - Guitar, Drums, Vocals
*Jim Hobson - Piano, Theremin, Vocals
*Jim Kehn - Drums, Guitar, Vocals
*Jay Lewis - Guitar, Banjo, Vocals
*Stuart Brotman - Electric, String Bass
*Chris Darrow - Fiddle
*Terry Johnson - Acoustic Guitar (Track 7)