In the mid sixties, five football players from a local high school got together to Jam. The sounds blended and recorded an album for the Century label which was a late 60's early 70's Californian custom record label that pressed tens of thousands of small-run records for schools, church groups and obscure local bands. This was one of those delightful garage/psych jewels that occasionally cropped up on the label.
With its rustic mill cover this a a garage psych album consisting mostly of covers, delivered with lashings of fuzz guitar and heavy, spooky organ. The stand-out track surely is the jaw droppingly awesome cover of Neil Young's "Sugar mountain". What you are hearing on this album are moods, transitions and feelings of the Fifth Flight.
1. Can't You See (D. Knoedler, S. Denny, K. Van Ordstrand) - 4:51
2. I'd Like To Make It With You (David Gates) - 3:29
3. Devil With A Blue Dress (F. Long, W. Stevenson) - 4:09
4. Celebrate (G .Bonner, A. Gordon) - 2:06
5. Midnight Hour (S. Cropper, W. Pickett) - 3:42
6. Summertime (G. Gershwin, DuBose Heyward) - 4:18
7. It’s All Over Now (B. Womack, S. Womack) - 2:13
8. Sugar Mountain (Neil Young) - 6:10
9. Try A Little Tenderness (J. Campbell, R. Connelly, H. M. Woods) - 4:59
*Dudley Gray - Bass, Vocals
*Charlie Knoedler - Drums
*Danny Knoedler - Guitar
*Steve Denny - Piano, Organ, Vocals
*Kenny Van Ordstrand - Lead Vocals