The obscute London four-piece bagged a residency at the Thomas A. Becket public house in the Old Kent Road. A decent twin-guitar band, Wishbone Ash and Little Feat influences come across on some very good tracks. Bassist Smith Campbell went on to Clear Blue Sky and Roger Clarke formed Sailing Shoes.
They only released Earth Harmony in 1972. Essentially, Hokus Poke follow along the lines of the electric blues pioneered by Cream five years earlier. However, the first half of the album is much more acoustic based which gives them their own sound.
1. H.P. Boogie (Clive Blenkhorn, Roger Clarke, Smith Campbell)
2. Sunrise Sunset (The Sunset) (Clive Blenkhorn, Roger Clarke)
3. Big World Small Girl (Roger Clarke, Smith Campbell)
4. Down In The Street (Clive Blenkhorn)
5. Hag Rag (Johnnie Miles)
6. Living In Harmony (Clive Blenkhorn)
7. Time And Space (Clive Blenkhorn, Miles, Roger Clarke, Smith Campbell)
8. Birdcatcher (Clive Blenkhorn, Roger Clarke)
*Clive Blenkhorn - Guitar, Vocals
*Smith Campbell - Bass
*Roger Clarke - Guitar, Steel Guitar
*Johnnie Miles - Drums
the Free Text