The 21st Century Sound Movement where four youngsters from Missouri, consisting of two brothers Terry and Jack Viles, together with Bill O'Malley and Ray Bahr. In late 1968 (short after the recording of the album), guitarist Jack Viles left the band and was replaced by Jerry Lemberger.
In their sole album featuring mostly cover songs, has a youth ful exuberance and energy that’s how much they admired the music of their day.Their lack of keyboards was more than made up for with their fuzzed-outtakes on “House Of The Rising Sun” and “Light My Fire”. Their own musical limitations resulted in some disarmingly crude interpretations and clearly they set their mark in garage music history!
The album was recorded at Damon Studios in Kansas City, Missouri and the cover photo was taken at nearby Volker Fountain.
1. Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying (Fred Marsden, Gerry Marsden, Les Chadwick, Leslie Maguire) - 2:23
2. The House Of The Rising Sun (Traditional) - 4:09
3. The Weight (Robbie Robertson) - 3:59
4. Fire (Jimi Hendrix) - 2:12
5. Hey Jude (John Lennon, Paul McCartney) - 5:11
6. Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (Joe Zawinul) - 2:28
7. Susie Q (Dale Hawkins, Eleanor Broadwater, Stanley Lewis) - 3:29
8. Light My Fire (Jim Morrison, John Densmore, Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek) - 2:30
9. For The Rest Of My Life (Bill O'Malley, Terry Viles, Ray Bahr, Jack Viles) - 3:03
10.In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Doug Ingle) - 7:32
11.Feelin' Down (Bill O'Malley, Terry Viles, Ray Bahr, Jerry Lemberger) - 2:35
12.First Day (Bill O'Malley, Terry Viles, Ray Bahr, Jerry Lemberger) - 2:21
The 21st Century Sound Movement
*Bill O'Malley - Drums
*Terry Viles - Bass
*Jack Viles - Lead Guitar (1963-68)
*Ray Bahr - Guitar
*Jerry Lemberger - Lead Guitar (1968-71)