Bit 'A Sweet promises to be a chart regular with the bright and creative spark branded into 2086, If 1 Needed Someone and How Can 1 Make You See?. They blend all the pop ingredients - strong vocals, rich production and instrumentation, and a special trick with a tune. This LP may well serve as the group's musical calling card, and with their fresh originality and breezy psychedelics, Bit 'A Sweet will top the charts.
Formerly known as The Satisfactions, this hard-hitting Long Island club act were veterans of the local scene when producer-arranger Steve Duboff (who also worked with The Cowsills, The Monkees, The Insect Trust and others) signed to MGM, the band debuted with the 1967 single 'Out of Sight Out of Mind' b/w 'Is It On - Is It Off?' (MGM catalog number K-13695).
Their sole album was released that May. A likeable blend of psychedelic pop and early synthesizer sounds, it’s presented complete with both sides of their rare 1967 debut 45 (as performed in the movie Blonde On A Bum Trip).
1. Speak Softly (Steve Duboff) - 5:10
2. 2086 (Steve Duboff, Art Kornfeld) - 2:50
3. If I Needed Someone (George Harrison) - 3:36
4. With Love (Mitch London, S. Duboff) - 3:50
5. Monday - Tuesday (S. Duboff) - 1:50
6. Diamonds Studded Eyes (M. London, Russell Leslie,S. Duboff) - 4:02
7. How Can I Make You See (Art Kornfeld, B. Cowsill, B. Cowsill) - 2:40
8. Travel (instrumental) (S. Duboff) - 5:00
9. A Second Time (S. Duboff) - 8:30
10.Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind (S. Duboff, H. Morris) - 2:36
11.Is It On - Is It Off? (S. Duboff, H. Morris) - 2:53
Bit A Sweet
*Dennis DeRespino - Vocals, Keyboards, Percussion, Guitar
*Russell Leslie - Vocals, Drums, Percussion
*Mitch London - Vocals, Bass, Percussion
*Jack Mieczkowski - Vocals, Guitar, Sitar
*Steve Duboff - Keybords, Percussion, Production
*Vince Bell - Guitars
*Jimmy "Wiz" Wisner - Strings Arrangements