In The Land of Free, we still keep on Rockin'

Plain and Fancy

"I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free"

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Aunt Mary - Aunt Mary (1970 norway, hard blues psych rock)

One of the early and many considered to be one of Norways definitely best prog bands.
Aunt Mary came from the small town of Fredrikstad in Ostfold.

Their first album was recorded and released in Denmark, as they lived there at the time.

Their music is a mix of  hard blues rocking tunes with psychedelic and some prog elements with the extended use of flute.

1. Whispering Farewell - 4:00
2. Did You Notice - 3:18
3. Theres A Lot Of Fish In The Sea - 3:51
4. I Do And I Did - 4:52
5. 47 Steps - 4:39
6. Rome Wasn't Built In One Day - 2:59
7. Come In - 3:29
8. Why Don't You Try Yourself - 2:28
9. The Ball - 3:33
10. All My Sympathy For Lily - 3:21
11. Yes, By Now I've Reached The End - 2:51

 Aunt Mary
*Bjoern Christiansen - Guitar, Vocal
*Per Ivar Fure - Flute, Harmonica, Saxophone, Mouth-Organ And Vocal
*Jan Leonard Groth - Keyboards, Guitar And Vocals
*Svein Gundersen - Bass, Piano And Vocal
*Kjetil Stensvik - Drums, Vocal


adamus67 said...

One of my favorite albums!
Possibly the greatest album in the entire scandinavian scene,and one of the greatest in the history of all Prog ROCK
This is a true masterpiece from beginning to end!(for me)
Highly recommended album &
Loaded 1972'
Janus 1973'
Marios thanks for masterpiece,more something like this!(remember Jawbone?!)

Marios said...

Hi my friend Adamus67,
I'll do the Jawbone post during the week,
I hope you understand.

Jim_Spyropoulos said...

Great band thanks Marios

hanalex said...

Beautiful album, thanks...

adamus67 said...

Hello my Friend Thanks info Jawbone
Good to be patient!
I feel so lucky!
Marios..Cheers from my friend mdhjhw

adamus67 said...

Marios:Highly recommended a must have for every fans HAMMOND B3 organ!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!!!!!!
Man Made - Man Made 1971
Canada Psychedelic Hard Rock
Sincere Cheers!!!

Roy said...

The link works but it takes you nowhere.
Can't download it. Please fix it.
Love your page, bro.

Marios said...