Music gives soul to universe, wings to mind, flight to imagination, charm to sadness, and life to everything.
Plato
Friday, November 16, 2012
rep>>> Colonel Bagshot - Oh! What A Lovely War (1971 uk, amazing atmospheric psychedelia through guitar-based soft-progressive to folky ballads, 2012 Flawed Gems remaster)
The sticker is right, this album is truly amazing. I'm glad FG had the courage to finally re-release this "flawed" gem. Thank you, Marios! Youre taste is, really, flawless.
Was thinking, this might also be pleasing to some fans of Procol Harum. The tracks are simpler and don't get nearly as heavy as some classic Procol does, but I think there is some similar sensibility to Procol ballads here perhaps.
Sady and Zorkhodeh, "Colonel Bagshot - Oh! What A Lovely War 1971", here: https://therockasteria.blogspot.com/2026/08/rep-colonel-bagshot-oh-what-lovely-war.html
Totally unknown to me ! Thanks very much for the opportunity to explore it...
ReplyDeleteThankx a lot, totally unknow to me also.
ReplyDelete"The Beatles, The Moody Blues, or even The Strawbs"...ok, I guess I must check it out! Does it have mellotron??? :D hugs Adam!
ReplyDeleteThanx a lot !!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marios!
ReplyDeleteMr Adamus, this album is like of glass of ambrosia!
Excelent choice-great album.Thank you...
ReplyDeleteThe sticker is right, this album is truly amazing. I'm glad FG had the courage to finally re-release this "flawed" gem. Thank you, Marios! Youre taste is, really, flawless.
ReplyDeleteNow this album I love!!! Thanks for posting this unknown gem!!!
ReplyDeleteI've finally gotten 'round to listening to this a few times and I find this to be such a fine, hard-to-classify album.
ReplyDeleteThe text posted by Adam suggests that there may be more albums?!?!! At least, a first, self-titled album. Would love to hear that!!!
Was thinking, this might also be pleasing to some fans of Procol Harum. The tracks are simpler and don't get nearly as heavy as some classic Procol does, but I think there is some similar sensibility to Procol ballads here perhaps.
ReplyDeleteAdam has messaged me, turns out, just this one album. :(
ReplyDeletethe best album ever.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, I have been looking for any info about this album for an hour, it's great that I have eventually found it <3
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteCan you please re-upload? Link-safe is down.
Wow, thanks for the swift response!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot!!
ReplyDeletePlease could you re-upload it?
ReplyDeleteOlá! Marios! Por gentileza. Poderia repostar Colonel...??? Muito obrigado!
ReplyDeleteMarios, Could this be reuploaded please?
ReplyDeleteSady and Zorkhodeh, "Colonel Bagshot - Oh! What A Lovely War 1971", here: https://therockasteria.blogspot.com/2026/08/rep-colonel-bagshot-oh-what-lovely-war.html
ReplyDelete